Vocabulary plays an essential role in English communication as well as in the IELTS test. It is really necessary and an important criterion to evaluate the score of an IETLS test in all 4 criteria of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Rich vocabulary not only helps you to become fluent, confident, and understanding in English, but also helps you to score high in the IELTS exam.
The key to getting a high score in the IELTS exam is vocabulary “difficult, strange, unique”. However, your ability cannot understand all the new English words.
That’s why you should focus on only a few common topics. Those are the topics that often appear in IELTS (especially the IELTS Writing section) including 9 topics: Health, People, Energy and Environment, Media, Traffic, Home, Crime, Work, and Education.
You can download the classified vocabulary set below. Each set of vocabulary includes vocabulary, practice exercises selected from the best-selling IELTS book and used a lot when preparing for the IELTS exam.
VOCABULARY SET OF 9 MOST FREQUENT TOPICS IN IELTS
5. Energy & Environment
GUIDELINES FOR LEARNING VOCABULARY
To learn IELTS vocabulary well, you can use some simple but extremely useful tips below:
- Download the vocabulary set to your computer and print it out (use thematic vocabulary set with full meanings and translations)
- Write the words on a small piece of paper (memory) and point it to points that are easy to notice. (You will often come into contact with words and can easily remember if you forget).
- Use them often in life, try to speak continuously. When you are online, use the online dictionary tool to listen to the pronunciation and practice along.
- Combine other words to practice.
- Have someone check and learn the same words.
- Apply it to the IELTS test during practice.
Remember, regular practice will help you remember more words and apply them to the test better. Therefore, every day trying to memorize a few words will also be very helpful for you. The more you remember, the better!
With a set of vocabulary and a pretty useful learning method on. Hope you can easily learn and practice the best!