In the current era of globalization, countries around the world want to focus on promoting economic development, so this is also a popular topic in recent years.
When developing economies, countries often encounter environmental issues, government spending or negative problems in society.
For this reason, topics related to “Economy” you will usually find are associated with the above factors.
Economy theme analysis
In this post, we will focus on combination “Economy” and “Environment”.
With articles with this combination, you need to confirm that: Economic development always goes hand in hand with environmental protectionconserving habitat for wildlife species, as well as natural resources.
Also, it can be shown that, just by combine these two factors Only then will economic growth be long-lasting because human and nature are two factors that are always linked together and are inseparable. Whether humans can survive or not will depend a lot on How do we “treat” the environment?.
Besides, with this in mind, you can mention to the development of current technologies being improvements to the treatment of waste before being released into the environment in order to minimize harmful effects; or today environmentally friendly fuel sources are being actively put into use such as solar energy, wind energy, wave energy……. for the purpose of not harming the living environment of humans and animals.
These ideas will help you to develop and strengthen the thesis about the harmony between the economy and the environment.
Steps to write Task 2 bài
TOPIC: Some people say that it is possible for a country to be both economically successful and have a clean environment. Others disagree. Discuss both view and give your opinion.
– Economically successful, clean environment: the balance between economic development and environmental protection -> sustainable development
– Discuss, opinion -> Discuss and give personal opinion
The topic asks us to discuss about both trends and give your opinion -> We will analyze both sides and give an opinion that we agree with the statement that countries can simultaneously develop the economy and protect the environment.
– Rephrase the problem, give 2 opposing opinions and confirm that you agree with the idea that countries can both develop their economies and protect the environment.
Body paragraph 1:
Analysis of opinions “Economic development does not go hand in hand with environmental protection”
– Urbanization causes farmers to lose agricultural land -> Natural animals lose their habitat
– Emissions from production areas pollute at an alarming ratethe pursuit of economic goals can lead to serious consequences
Example: China – The 2nd largest economy in the world has become one of the most polluted countries in the world.
Body paragraph 2:
Analyze and confirm the opinion “Economic development can go hand in hand with environmental protection”
– In the age of technology, scientists have researched and developed alternative materials that do not harm the environment.
– Countries work together to protect the environment
Reaffirmation It is possible to develop economic development in parallel with environmental protection, countries should consider environmental issues when making policies so that people can live and develop in harmony with nature.
EXECUTING ESSAY PLAN:
Fill in the blanks:
____________development has become a growing concern in the age of________________. While some people believe that it is impossible to balance ______________ growth and ___________ protection, others agree with the opposite point of view. I personally agree with the latter opinion.
Arrange sentences into complete paragraphs
1. For instance, urbanization is one of the driving forces leading to the loss of agricultural land.
2. In addition, exhaust emissions from manufacturing factories are contaminating the environment at an alarming rate.
3. First, for most of the part, it is common for the society to think that economic progress associated with pollutant emission and resources consumption growth, which affect negatively to land resources.
4. The pursuit of high growth at all costs could lead to severe pollution, for example China – world’s second-largest economy has become one of the most tarnished countries.
5. As a result, not only farmers lose their land for cultivation, but natural habitats that are home to wildlife animals are also endangered.
1. The development of renewable energy from wind, sunlight or ocean waves can be the answer for the rising demand.
2. Commitment among nations to protect the environment and give priority to sustainable development without exhausting the resources may boost the economy in the long run.
3. On the other hand, I still strongly believe that the combination of economic and environment sustainability is achievable.
4. Furthermore, various countries in the world is now working together to cut down industrial pollution. 5. In this era of high technology, scientists have developed alternatives to replace traditional sources in many fields.
Correct the mistake in the following passage:
Big conclusion, even though achieve economical goals is crucial to every nation, each should also includes environment issues in their policy making process. Only by this way, the human can exist and develop in harmonious with the nature.
Sustainable development has fought become a growing concern in the age of globalization. While some people believe that it is impossible to balance economic growth and environment protection, others agree with the opposite point of view. I personally agree with the latter opinion.
First, for most of the part, it is common for the society to think that economic progress associated with increasing pollutant emission and resources consumption, which affect negative to land resources. For instance, urbanization is one of the driving forces leading to the loss of agricultural land. As a result, not only farmers lose their land for cultivation, but natural habitats that are home to wildlife animals are also endangered. In addition, exhaust emissions from manufacturing factories are contaminating the environment at an alarming rate. The pursuit of high growth at all costs could lead to severe pollution, for example China – world’s second-largest economy has become one of the most tarnished countries.
On the other hand, I still strongly believe that the combination of economic and environment sustainability is achievable. In this era of high technology, scientists have developed alternatives to replace traditional sources in many fields. The rise of renewable energy from wind, sunlight or ocean waves can be the answer for the rising demand. Furthermore, various countries in the world is now working together to cut down industrial pollution. Commitment among nations to protect the environment and give priority to sustainable development without exhausting the resources may boost the economy in the long run.
In conclusion, even though achieving economic goals is crucial to every nation, each should also include environmental issues in their policy making process. Only by this way, can the human exist and develop in harmony with the nature.
USED VOCABULARY AND COLLOCATIONS:
– Sustainable development: Sustainable Development
– To balance economic growth and environment protection: Balance between economic growth and environmental protection
– Urbanization: Urbanization
– The loss of agricultural land: Loss of agricultural land
– At an alarming rate: To an alarming degree
– The pursuit of high growth: The pursuit of growth
– Renewable energy: Renewable energy
– To give priority to something: Prioritize what?
– Policy making process: Policy making process
To help you have a richer vocabulary when writing articles with this topic, IELTS Fighter offers you the following useful words and phrases:
– A mighty economy
Meaning: A powerful economy
Example: It is obvious that the United States is a mighty economy in the global scale.
Meaning: Demand (Amount of the good that the market needs)
Example: There has been an increased demand for organic products in recent years.
– Economic crisis/ Financial crisis
Meaning: Economic Crisis/Financial Crisis
Example: The financial crisis in 2008 is considered as the worst since the Great Depression in 1930s.
Effective long-run solution
Meaning: long-term, effective solution
Example: The government is figuring out an effective long-run solution for the financial problems.
– Financial policy
Meaning: Financial Policy
Example: Customers are required to make payment according to company’s financial policy.
– International economic aid
Meaning: International Economic Aid
Example: Developed countries often provide international economic aid for developing ones.
– Key economic sectors
Meaning: Key industries/economic areas
Example: In recently, tourism has become one of the key economic sectors in Vietnam.
– Knowledge-based economy
Meaning: knowledge-based economy
Example: Employees must develop themselves to compete in a knowledge-based economy.
– Managerial skills
Meaning: Management skills
Example: Managerial skills are important for people who want to become a leader.
– National firm
Meaning: National company
Example: His company was awarded the price for being the most innovative national firms of the year held in Hong Kong.
– Purchasing power
Meaning: Purchasing power
Example: Thanks to World Cup, the purchasing power in the next two months in Russia is expected to increase dramatically.
– Rate of economic growth
Meaning: Economic growth rate
Example: World Bank stated that the rate of economic growth in Vietnam was expected to increase by 8.6% by the end of 2018.
– The openness of the economy
Meaning: The opening of the economy
Example: The openness of the economy turns Vietnam into a magnet for foreign investment.
– To be a win-win situation
Meaning: a situation where both parties benefit
Example: Flexible working hour is a win-win situation for both employees and employers.
– Transnational corporation
Meaning: Transnational company
Example: People nowadays tend to work for transnational corporations instead of national firms.
– Unemployment rate
Meaning: unemployment rate
Example: The unemployment rate among young people in Vietnam has increased significantly.
– World trade
Meaning: international trade
Example: International organizations are trying to promote world trade.
Topic 1: Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small, local business are unable to compete. Some people think that the closure of local business will bring about the death of local communities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Topic 2: Rich countries are getting richer while poor countries are getting poorer. What is the cause of this? What could be done to solve this problem?
Topic 3: Some people think that it is better for a country’s economy for people to spend money while others believe that it would be better for people to save money. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Topic 4: Some people believe that higher a product is priced, the more likely it is that people will want to buy it. To what extent does price influence potential buyers? What other factors influence people to buy a product?
Topic 5: An increasing number of people are buying what they need online. What are the advantages and disadvantages for both individuals and companies to shop online?
Please refer and improve.