In the article below, I will show you the simplest way to
transfer ownership of youtube channel to another Gmail. Of course, you don’t have to change the channel URL, not even lose any Subcribes or Likes.
The instructions apply to both the main Youtube channel (Channel with the same name as your Google account) and the channel connected to any brand account.
First, make sure you already know how to create youtube channel main and brand Youtube channel.
|Instructions on how to switch the main Youtube channel to the new Gmail|
1. Note when switching Youtube channel to another Gmail
1.1 Conditions for transferring the right to manage Youtube channel
If you want to move a YouTube channel to another Gmail account, you need to make sure the account being transferred is a brand account.
If you want to change the main channel, you must convert the main youtube account to a brand account.
So what’s the difference between a main account and a brand account? I will explain in the next section just below.
1.2 What information will Youtube keep and delete when moving channels?
- • Youtube will keep:
+ Channel URL.
+ All posted videos.
+ All Likes on the channel.
+ Comments from others.
- • The following information will be permanently deleted:
+ Custom urls.
+ Comments that you posted as a channel owner.
+ Messages sent and messages received.
+ Channel verification badge.
Reference source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en&ref_topic=9267586
Note when transferring Youtube channel to another account
2. Distinguish between main Youtube account and brand account
2.1 What is the main Youtube channel?
When you log into your Gmail account and go to Youtube, the account is called the main account, it will have the same name as your gmail.
The main account can only be managed by you, cannot grant or transfer channel management rights to anyone.
If you check the information, you will see that the main Youtube account has no option Channel Manager.
Illustration of a Youtube channel created from the main account
2.2 What is a Brand Account on Youtube?
A brand account is an account dedicated to your brand, and if a channel is linked to a brand account, you can give permission for more people to manage the channel from their Google accounts.
After creating a Youtube channel from the main account, if you create another Youtube channel, the 2nd channel is considered a brand account.
If you’re logged into your brand account, you’ll see the Channel Managerallowing to add or remove administrators.
What is Youtube’s brand account illustration?
2.3 Check Youtube channel switch to another Gmail is main account or brand
First, log in to your Youtube account.
Click on the avatar icon on the right corner of the screen, select Setting.
In the section Accountcheck if there is an option Channel Manager or not.
If yes, you are using a brand account, otherwise you are definitely using the main account (cannot grant permission or switch to another gmail).
Check if the Youtube channel belongs to the main account or the brand account
3. How to switch MAIN YOUTUBE channel to a brand account
3.1 Create a new channel through a brand account
Option to Add Or Manage Your Channels
- • Click the plus icon Create New Channel.
- • Name the Brand Account you want to use.
- • Confirm Create.
Note: You should name your brand account different from the main channel.
After confirmation, if the name is valid, you will be redirected to the newly created brand Youtube channel management page.
Name the brand account you want to use
3.2 Connect your existing channel to a brand account
After successfully creating a new brand channel, you need to connect your main channel to that account.
Do the following:
- • Click on the avatar on the right corner -> Switch Account.
- • Sign in your main Youtube account (Channel you want to transfer ownership to another Gmail).
Important Note: Make sure to login to the correct MAIN Youtube channel.
Option to switch Youtube accounts
- • Click the link http://youtube.com/account_advanced
- • In Advanced Settings -> Move Channel -> click Move Channel To Your Google Account Or To Another Brand Account.
Option to Move Youtube Channel To Another Brand Account
- • Youtube will ask you to enter your account password to confirm the owner.
- • Click Next after the import is complete.
- • Youtube will send a confirmation code to the phone number registered for the account, click Send confirmation for them to send the code to the phone.
Enter the code to confirm ownership of your Youtube account
- • Check your phone, enter the code in the Enter The Code box.
- • If you enter the code correctly, you will be redirected to the page as below.
- • Click on the brand new Youtube channel created.
Click on the newly created brand Youtube channel
You will receive a warning that the brand channel will be removed.
That’s why you need to make sure you’re signed in to your primary account when doing this.
Click to confirm Delete Channel.
Since the newly created channel has no subs, no videos, you can rest assured.
Confirm deletion of newly created brand channel
Click to confirm Move Channel…
Click confirm to move Youtube channel to brand account
Continue to confirm the channel move one more time.
Once completed, you will receive a notification that your Youtube channel has been successfully migrated to a brand account.
Now that your main channel has turned into a brand account, you can follow the instructions in the next section to transfer ownership to another Gmail account.
Main Youtube Channel Moved Successfully
4. How to switch BRAND Youtube channel to another Gmail
4.1 Adding Gmail requires channel owner permission
• Sign in to Youtube with the Google account that currently owns the brand channel.
• Click on the avatar icon in the right corner of the screen, select Switch Account and switch back to the correct brand channel to be authorized (if you own multiple brand channels).
• Also in the menu from the avatar, select Settings.
• Under Accounts -> Channel Managers -> Click Add or Remove Manager(s).
• If you follow the instructions and don’t see the option above, then you are using the main channel, follow the instructions in section 3 to make it a brand channel.
Click the Add or Remove Manager(s) option
Click the Manage Permissions option
• Click on the add permission icon as shown below.
• Enter the email address that needs to be transferred to manage the Youtube channel.
• In the Choose a Role section, give the new Gmail the Owner rights.
• Click to confirm Invite after completing the operations.
Grant ownership of Youtube account to new Gmail
• After completing the above, you will see the Rights Management section with more Gmail invited with Owner rights.
• Click Done to confirm.
• Now check your Gmail has been invited, you will receive an email from Youtube.
• Click to confirm Accept Invitation.
Accept the invitation to own the channel in the mail
• Confirm Accept again.
• You will be redirected to the brand account rights management page.
Click Manage Permissions, you will see that the new Gmail Account is the Owner, the old Gmail is still the Main Owner.
New Gmail granted channel owner successfully
4.2 Transfer of Master Owner rights to the new Gmail
How to transfer rights Main Owner for the new Gmail? After granting new Gmail permissions, you must wait 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
After waiting a full day, continue to follow the instructions:
• Gmail login is currently the main owner of the channel.
• Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Channel Managers -> Click Add or Remove Manager(s).
• Click on the new Gmail permissions management, you will see an additional Primary Owner option.
• Give the new Gmail Master Owner rights.
Granting Youtube Channel Master Owner rights to the new Gmail
Finally, you’ll get a new account alert that can add and remove other owners and managers.
Click confirm Transfer.
After completing the operation, you just need to log in to the new Gmail, delete the ownership of the old Gmail channel.
Thus, you have successfully transferred the Youtube channel to another account.
Confirm transfer of Youtube channel to new main owner
CEO & Founder VO TUAN HAI
Than 13 years Dedicated to Digital Marketing career
- VICE PRIME MINISTER Come Home Visit Marketing Model August 21, 2014
- Professional Coach – International training organization ICF
- Foundation DMV Group – Prestigious Digital Marketing Agency
- Foundation Academy Speed Ads – Online Marketing Training Academy
- Solution Founders”The Surrounding Marketing Matrix” – Total Marketing Solution
- Multiple Appearances On VTV3, THVL1, THVL2, Vietnam economic news,..
SEE MORE ABOUT VO TUAN HAI