Hello friends, coming to today’s lesson, Ms. Quynh will share how to do a real IELTS Writing Task 2 exam that was released last May. Let’s start with her step by step analyzing the topic, then make an outline and write a detailed article.
Our topic is:
It is observed that in many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject.
What are causes?
And what will be effects on society?
Watch sample analysis video from Ms. Quynh:
2. Body Paragraph 1 – Causes
– science subjects are extremely difficult
– less job opportunities for graduates in science field
3. Body Paragraph 1 – Effects
– lack of technical breakthroughs and inventions
– employment crisis – students choose to study easier subjects
Sample IELTS Writing performing band 8:
It is an evident phenomenon in many countries in the world that there is a shortage of students who choose to study science subjects as their major. There are some reasons to justify this trend and it also causes/ triggers adverse/unfavorable effects/impacts on the society.
The first reason why fewer students choose science as their major is that science subjects specifically Biological Technology or Computer Science,… are extremely demanding. Generally, a major in science consists of related subjects with a great amount of specialized knowledge and a number of experiments, which can be very tough. As a result/ consequently, students are often put under pressure a lot of pressure in order to understand and handle the tasks well. Another justification is that graduates may take risks of unemployment as there are fewer job opportunities for graduates in science majors. Instead, students are likely to choose a major that is not so demanding but still makes it easier for them to find a job.
The deficiency in students in science fields might trigger unfavorable effects to the society. The most clearly seen impact might be the imbalance between the number of students who study science and other majors. This may lead to the shortage of workers in scientific fields and also cause a lack/ insufficiency of technical breakthroughs and inventions. Additionally, there may be a crisis of employment due to the disparity in the number of graduates who choose other fields such as business, art or pedagogy and those who study science. More students majoring in science may be made redundant as there are less job opportunities in this area. As a result, this will increase the burden of unemployment on the society.
To conclude, reasons that cause the lack of students choosing science as a major vary, and this issue may bring several negative impacts on the society.
- evident phenomenon: common phenomenon
- to trigger undesirable effects: to cause undesirable consequences
- to be put under a lot of pressure: to be under a lot of pressure
- justification = example: example
- to risk something: to face something
- risk unemployment: facing unemployment.
- there is a shortage/lack/ of something
- technical breakthroughs: breakthroughs in technology
- disparity (n) = difference: difference
- to be made redundant: superfluous
Good luck with your studies! Please refer to the next lessons to increase your Writing score! Especially the lesson about Types of questions and how to do IELTS Writing Task 2 IELTS Fighter shared!