People topic is a common topic in the IELTS test, so you need to pack yourself some good words and phrases to use for your Speaking and Writing tests. Now, let’s refer to these impressive vocabulary in bands 8-9 right away.
SUMMARY 17 PEOPLE VOCABULARY OR TOPIC
1. Fair-minded: Treat everyone fairly
Eg: She is one of the most fair-minded people I know.
2. Thoroughness: Meticulousness, thoughtfulness
Eg: We are making a thorough investigation.
This very thorough survey goes back to 1784.
How thorough is the assessment?
3. Versatile/ Talented: Talented
Eg: He had been one of the game’s most versatile athletes.
Howard is a talented pianist.
She has a huge army of young fans, and is extremely talented.
4. Exceptional: Export them
Eg: His translation is exceptional in its poetic quality.
He’s an exceptionally talented dancer.
5. Utterly brainy: Extremely smart
Eg: Sarah was utterly brainy.
6. Life and soul of the class: The soul of the class
Eg: Behold him once more the life and soul of the party.
7. Soulmate: Best friend, soulmate
Eg: Later that year she met Adam and she knew instantly that they were soulmates.
8. Thirst for knowledge ( /θɜːst/ /fɔːr/ /ˈnɒl.ɪdʒ/): The thirst for knowledge
Eg: He spent much of the day in the city’s library, where his thirst for knowledge first developed.
9. Biggest beneficiary (/ˌben.əˈfɪʃ.ər.i/): The biggest beneficiary
Eg: It is vital to the French interests, in particular direct payments, because this country is the biggest beneficiary of direct payments.
10. To set a good example ( /tuː/ /set/ /ə/ /ɡʊd/ /ɪɡˈzɑːm.pəl/): Be a good example
Eg: He was a man who set a good example of extraordinary diligence.
11. To develop a sense of responsibility (/dɪˈvel.əp/ /ə/ /sens/ /əv/ /rɪˌspɒn.sɪˈbɪl.ə.ti/): Having a sense of responsibility
Eg: Four crucial ways to develop sense of responsibility in children.
12. Straight-A student (/ˌstreɪtˈeɪ/ /ˈstjuː.dənt/) : All students get A grades
Eg: Susan is a Straight “A” Student at Harvard
13. To give Sb a tutorial (/tʃuːˈtɔː.ri.əl/): For whom
Eg: My elder sister often gave me a tutorial whenever I had difficulties solving Chemical questions
first4. BILLIONo leave a major influence on Sb (/liːv/ /ə/ /ˈmeɪ.dʒər/ /ˈɪn.flu.əns/) : Have a great influence on someone
Eg: Mrs. Ngoc, my former literature teacher has left a major influence on me in terms of her dedication towards teaching
15. To turn to for advice ( /ðiː/ /hæŋ/ /əv/ /ðiː/ /ˈles.ən/) : Seek advice from someone
Eg: My mom is always the person that I turn to for advice whenever I have a problem in my life
16. To get the hang of the lesson: Understand the lesson quickly
Eg: My best friend, Huong, could get the hang of the Math lesson in a very short time
17. To bend over backwards (/ˈbæk.wədz/): Do your best to help someone
Eg: I really admire Minh when he is disabled but he always bends over backwards to go to school on a regular basis
Above are 17 good words for People topic, please refer and study well!