🦷WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION🦷[NHỔ RĂNG KHÔN]
👋 Hello everyone, in this week’s Dentistry column I would like to introduce about
theme Wisdom tooth extraction – a type of tooth that brings “misery” to many people.😄
⚕️ Wisdom tooth, or third molars (/ˈMəʊ.lər/ molars), are the last permanent teeth (tooth
forever) to appear in the mouth. These teeth usually erup (grow) between the ages of 17
and 25. Some people never develop wisdom teeth. However, for others, wisdom teeth
erupt normally as same as other molars and cause no problems.
💊 Some issues
Some dentists recommend taking them out as a precaution because they could cause
problems in the future, for example:
• Before the tooth comes in, the sack of tissue around it can grow into a cryst (follicle),
which can lead to bone loss in your jaw (bone resorption).
• If the tooth is on its side under your gum (gums), it can damage nearby
teeth by eroding the root.
• Bacteria and plaque can build up around a tooth that’s only partly out.
💊 Indication for extraction
Wisdom teeth are custom for extraction in some cases such as:
• Prevention of the above issues.
• Extraction required by an orthopedist (orthopedic doctor), orthodontist (orthodontist).
• Early tooth extraction is needed to improve healing (healing) better, especially for
young people with good stamina(endure) and quick recovery. For impacted wisdom
teeth , the suitable time for extraction is when the root is formed
about 1/3 and before 2/3.
📝 There are two common methods to extract wisdom tooth such as Simple
extraction and Surgical Extraction.
extraction /ɪkˈstræk.ʃən/ tooth extraction
administer /ədˈmɪn.ɪ.stər/ (v) drug use
anesthesia /ˌÆn.əsˈθiː.zi.ə/ anesthetic -> local anesthesia : local anesthesia
Gingivectomy: incision gums
cold compress: cold compress
spit / spɪt / (v) spit
dental forceps: dental pliers
elevator: seven dental
👉 Below is an overview of the wisdom tooth extraction process that makes it possible for everyone
visualize and be prepared if you have one (several) wisdom teeth
Have a nice evening!
Medical English – DR.DUY